Friday, January 16, 2009

National Oatmeal Month

I just found out that we are celebrating National Oatmeal Month. Anyone got any good oatmeal recipes? When I lived in the Dominican Republic, we made oatmeal shakes and oatmeal hot chocolate. That stuff sticks to your ribs. I recently tried a hot chocolate recipe that called for cornstarch. It didn't do anything special for me (which is why I didn't post it). Maybe I'll have to make some oatmeal chocolate in the morning and pay attention to proportions so I can post the recipe. Stay tuned.
By the way, Jan. 6 was National Bean Day. Stay tuned for upcoming holidays: National Popcorn Day (Jan. 18), National Buttercrunch Day (Jan. 19), National Blonde Brownie Day (Jan. 22) and National Pie Day (Jan. 23). And lest you crave more sweets, Jan. 27 is National Chocolate Cake Day. If you prefer something savory, Jan. 29 is National Corn Chip Day. And all month long, we're also celebrating National Soup Month and Hot Tea Month. Oh, the recipes that abound for these holidays!

No comments: